Benefits of Concrete Polishing
The benefits of concrete polishing are numerous and sometimes surprising. Read on to find out more.
1. The Floor Is Beautiful: One of the benefits of concrete polishing is that it dramatically enhances new or existing concrete by increasing the reflectance, or the shine of the concrete, producing a brilliant marble like luster.
2. The Floor Is Strengthened: Concrete sealing, densification, and polishing has been shown to increase the wear resistance of concrete surfaces. The end result is a near surface wear zone that wears like the aggregate it surrounds, adding years of useful life to your floor.
3. The Floor Is Repaired: Concrete polishing can be accomplished even from rained out slabs and can be completed with other necessary floor rehabilitation work such as joint curl, spalling, and surface crack repair.
4. The Floor Can Breathe: The number one cause of concrete coatings failure is hydrostatic pressure building up under the coating. Polished concrete can breath, allowing moisture to escape while not allowing salts or efflorescence to form, at the same time increasing surface spill resistance.
5. Installation Is Cost Effective: Generally, installation costs for polished concrete is less than the cost of other concrete coating systems, but that’s not where the savings end. Because concrete coating systems can potentially fail due to delamination, cracking, fading, staining, yellowing, and wear through resulting in upkeep, the true value of a polished concrete floor must be measured by its’ strength and beauty and its’ long term floor maintenance cost savings. See how Concrete Polishing compares to other types of flooring here.
6. Environmentally Friendly: The concrete polishing process is a mechanical dust-free and water-free surface preparation system utilizing water based, odorless, zero VOC, USDA approved chemicals enabling minimal interference in your day to day operations.